Order Types represent business scenarios and are mostly selected by the user when creating the sales document. Sales Documents Types is a 2 character indicator.
Sales documents types are used in:
- Pre – sales activities (inquiry /quotation).
- Sales Order.
- Sales Contract.
- Customer Complaint.
Sales Document types are configured at:
IMG: Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents > Sales Document Header > Define Sales Document Types — transaction VOV8
Lets look at settings for Order type OR (Standard Order).
This screen have multiple section as above:
1) Number System
There are two method for define no. range for Sales Document:
- Internal Assignment – This assignment works internally and number for sales document generate automatly.
- External Assignment – This assignment works externally. e.g. in below picture number start from 02.
- Enter value in screen sequence grp. / transaction group / document pricing procedure.
- Enter value in field Display range / Fcode / quotation msg. / Outline agreement msg.
- Enter value in delivery type filed from possible list entry.
- Enter ship cost info profile from possible list entry.
Create Internal No. Range for sales document type.