In SAP ECC 6.0 EHP6, the function code
&SAP_EDIT, which enables the change mode of transaction SE16N, is deactivated (SAP Note 1420281) due to security breaches that were detected. In order to activate it (temporarily), follow the steps below:
- Go to SE16N, as usual, and type the table for which you want to make modifications.
- Instead of typing
&SAP_EDITin the command field, type
/Hand press “Enter” key to activate debugging.
- Press F8 key to enter the data browser for the above table.
- If you are using EHP6, then you may need to press F7 for several times to reach to the Screen 100 of program SAPLSE16N
- While in debugging mode & once you are in Screen 100, enter the two variables GD-EDIT and GD-SAPEDIT and press “Enter” key.
- For each variable, click on the change button, change the value to an uppercase “X” and press “Enter” key.
- Press F8 key to exit debugging and enter the table in change mode.
Here is how the Entry to be changed in the debug mode.
This is a powerful hack which can be used to change even the standard tables and even in a production environment (if you have CHANGE access in Debugger). The changes cannot be tracked in anyway and it may lead to inconsistencies.
Note! Any auditor seeing a debugging events in a system (tcode: SM21)