Schedule line category:
In SAP SD process, schedule line category in sales order decides whether or how the system passes on requirements to materials requirements planning (MRP).
Schedule Line catagory is automatically determined in an sales order (but may be changed manually if set up) based on the following:
Schedule Line category = Item category + MRP Type of material.
Define schedule line category:
IMG: Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents > Schedule Line > Define Schedule Line Categories – TCode VOV6
The key fields here are:
Movement Type (601): This is the movement type that will take place when a Goods Issue is done.
Req. Assembly: Requirement visible in MM (example in tcode MD04)
Availability: Availability check to take place
Schedule line category has two alphanumeric key:
1) First character of key uses –
2) Second character of key uses –
|T||no inventory management, e.g. services|
|X||no inventory management with goods issue|
Schedule Line category in different sales document.
- No availability check .
- Not relevant for delivery.
- Schedule line is for information purpose.
- Schedule line is not relevant for delivery.
- No Movement type(Movement type describes type of material movement).
- Schedule line is relevant for delivery.
- Movement type is 601.